Company statement – Updated 10/6/2020
Amalgam’s principal aim is to lower the risk of infection for staff, their families and our clients, while ensuring the company’s readiness to return to normal working as soon as is practical.
To this end, for the last three months an absolute minimum staff have been on-site, with administration being done remotely and many staff either working from home or furloughed.
As the restrictions are modified or lifted, we are reacting accordingly to allow a safe and controlled return to normal operations. Currently we are still running at reduced staffing levels, but a return to normal operations is now well underway.
- We have risk assessed our workshops and offices based on the latest available government advice and have implemented a range of measures and precautions to maximise staff safety. This has all been done with due consideration for all other Health and Safety regulations.
- Posters and notices have been posted prominently at appropriate points around the workshops and offices, especially near entrances, hand sanitiser points and similar. we have also introduced a COVID 19 specific induction process to familiarise all staff with changes introduced for their safety.
- Appropriate PPE is now available. Amalgam requires everyone on-site to use it in line with our risk assessments and government guidelines.
- Safe walkways and routes have been marked out around the building designed to maintain social distancing, Screens, automatic door holdbacks and other appropriate measures have aslo been put in place.
- Regardless of the above precautions, wherever possible our staff will continue to work from home. E-mails and enquiries sent to our info or accounts or admin addresses will be responded to, though it may take a little longer than usual. You may also still contact us via the website forms.
- We are able offer advice, quotations, project planning and CAD services as normal. Work carried out on-site may be still be restricted a little by social distancing regulations, but moving forward, our aim is to operate as normally as possible. The over-riding priority will still be the safety of staff, but we are confident the precautions taken will allow them to be safe while working.
- We still aim to avoid attending or holding any meetings face to face. If you need to discuss anything, please contact us by e-mail and we will, if appropriate, set up an online meeting.
- We will be monitoring the situation and updating both our staff and our clients as often as is appropriate. Please do use or social media feeds or website to keep in touch.